Throughout the Covid-19 lockdown in New Zealand, Auckland Kennels and Cattery will be open.
We are considered an essential service business as we are an entity whose closure would jeopardise the maintenance of animal health or welfare standards.
We will be here to take care of your pets and we will work within the guidelines set out by the government.
We are here to look after pets for customers who are unable to get back home.
We are here to help those who are working in essential services by caring for their furry families while they care for us.
We are here to help those who become too unwell to look after their pets.
As a pet boarding establishment, we have animals to care for and people who rely on us to care for their pets while they carry out their essential roles to help us all. Without our services, the safety and health of these pets could be at risk.
- If you are employed in essential services work or in an emergency, we will offer a pick-up and drop service, by prior arrangement.
- If you become unwell, we can care for your pets.
- We will operate in a contact-free environment. Our office is open so please read and follow the protocols posted on our office door.
Your cat or dog will be well looked after in our boarding facility.
Disaster planning needs to include provision for pets
At the moment, I am sure all of us are reflecting upon how much animals add to our lives, and what an important part of our families they are. The animal members of our family offer companionship and love and can help us get through this and break the chain.
Our planning to survive the global Covid-19 pandemic should include measures to ensure our animals also make it through. Our companion animals provide valuable support to us throughout this Covid-19 crisis and so, we believe we owe it to them to ensure we plan to meet their needs, too.
In New Zealand, we are in a state of emergency. Now is the time to put that preparedness plan in place.
Having a plan for pets is critical. If you become sick or require hospitalisation, you will need to have someone to take their animals.
Some steps to take include:
- Identify a family member or friend who can care for pets if someone in the household becomes too ill to care for pets.
- Have crates, and food on hand for movement and relocation of pets if necessary.
- Keep all animal vaccines up to date and have copies of those records available should boarding with us at Auckland Kennels and Cattery becomes necessary. Vets are considered an essential service and they are open.
- Ensure that all medications are documented with dosages and administering directions. It’s also a good idea to include the prescription from your veterinarian with the medications.
Covid-19 Update – Procedural Changes
- If you are dropping off your dog for hotel or daycare, we ask that you please remain outside the doors and our friendly staff will come out and collect your pet.
- We will use our own leads and staff will be wearing gloves for everyone’s safety.
- If you are collecting your pet, please wait outside and our staff will bring them out to you.
We thank you for your understanding and patience during this difficult time for all of us. We are here to help you through this difficult and unpredictable time in whatever way we can. The more we all work together, the sooner we can break the chain and beat this virus.
If you’re looking for a comfortable, safe and secure environment for your dog or cat, or if you have any other questions at all, call us on 09 299 7415.